Norton Security Premium 1 Year
Overall Ranking: 5 out of 5
Best place to Buy: Amazon Norton Security Premium – 10 Devices [Download Code]
Have you got kids and would like to protect their browsing habits on the internet, along with keeping your devices safe from viruses and those shameful hackers from trying to still your data. Or maybe your current antivirus software is outdated and you have more devices to protect than you’re current which only covers 2 devices. So now you’re in the market for a new one that will cover more devices and provide better protection for your devices and kids.
If any of this applies to you and you’re looking for a better Antivirus program then continue reading. You will learn more about what Norton Antivirus software can do for you to help protect your kids and all of your devices whether it’s your PC, Mac, Android, iOS, or Laptop, one account will cover it up to 10 devices.
- One subscription will cover up to 10 PCs, Macs, Laptops, iOS, and Androids
- Advance Parental management to help with your Kids online activity
- Offers 25 GB of backup storage for your devices (learn more about cloud storages here)
- Alerts you to risky downloads for your PC and Android phones before you install them.
- 100% guaranteed to keep your device’s virus free:
- Excellent customer service record.
- The backup tool doesn’t have any syncing ability of your files.
- Their coverage for iOS devices is a little bit limited.
Who would want this?
Anyone that would like a great Parental management tool to keep your kids browsing habits safe from bad websites and being noticed by predators on the Web. This package also is great if you have more than five devices (other programs only cover up to 5 devices). So if you have a house full of computing devices that you need to protect then this would be a great purchase for you and your household.
If you have a lot of different device running a different Operating System, well with Norton Security suite they have you covered whether you’re running Windows, Mac, OS, Android, or iOS, they’ve got your back. Also if you need something to filter your emails for spam; Norton will take care of all your POP3 email accounts for you.
Here is what you will get with this product:
#1-Security: Has four options to choose from:
Scans: Which has four options to choose from:
- Scans: Here you can click on four different scans to perform; this is very useful if you feel that you might have picked up some malicious spyware or something.
- Norton Power Eraser: This will do a deeper scan of your files for the ones that are buried deep in your operating system.
- Norton Insight: is the next in the list, here Norton will decide which files need to be scanned for you and also will show you a chart of your choosing of trusted programs, website, and others.
- Diagnostic Report: Here you get a report on key information about your devices.
By clicking on this Norton will check for updates, download them and then process the updates. Now Norton will do this on its own on a set schedule, but if you are looking for a more current update, well then you can run it from here.
Here you can view a History of Norton’s performances during the current month.
Here you can turn on or off different protection that Norton covers, though I don’t know why you would want to disable any of them.
#2-Identity: Four options to pick from:
- Identity Safe: Here you can set up your Vault of passwords to your most visited sites requiring passwords. You will be asked to enter a Master Vault Password which will not be stored anywhere, not with them or you so you will want to remember this.
- ID Settings: from here you can turn off a number of items relating to your identity, again I not sure as to why a person would want to.
- Statistics: this will show you the statistics of everything you have stored in your vault.
- Password Generator: This will take you to a web page where it will generate a strong password for you which you can copy and paste to your Vault. I recommend using a separate Password Manager to handle your passwords, you can learn more about them here. If you have only a few then Norton’s password manager will work just fine.
#3-Performance: Four options to pick from.
- Optimize Disk: Here you can have Norton optimize your hard drive by using a defrag tool where it will combine your files into one block of data instead of them being in separate blocks of data. This will enhance the speed at which your drive access’s your files:
- File Cleanup: Click here and Norton will clean up your Windows operating system and Browser temporary files.
- Startup Manager: Here you can manage which programs you want to start up when you boot or restart your computer. This is a handy utility to use to speed up the boot process of your computer by disabling programs that you don’t use often from starting up until you need them.
- Graphs: Here it will show you a graph of your activities on your devices. It will include activities on Installs, Downloads, Optimized, Detections, Quick Scans, and Alerts. Very useful to see check on the performance of your devices.
#4-Backup: Four options to pick from.
- Run Backup: From here you can select the files you want to be backed up and schedule when and where to do your backups. You can choose their Secure Online Storage or pick one of your hard drives
- Restore Files: Yep, this is where you go when you need to restore your files after a computer crash and you lost your files or whatever else that might have happened to your files on your hard drive. You can restore all of them or just specific files, and choose the location to restore to.
- Backup Sets: Here you can set up a new backup set to be performed on a different schedule. It is basically the same options that are in the Run Backup section.
- More Storage: If you should use up the 25GB of storage that comes with this package you can go here and purchase more storage space.
#5-Norton Family Supervision:
From here you can create a set of rules for each one of your children, allowing them just what they can do and can’t do on the internet across any of the devices that your child is using. And they don’t all have to have the same rules as each other; you can set the rules up according to their age or whatever else you have in mind.
To start with you will set up a Norton Family Account which you will do on their online console from your browser. Enter each child’s name, gender and their birthdates you then can select an avatar or you can upload a photo instead. Norton will now download Norton Family and integrate with your current copy of Norton Security.
Now with a little digging around you can set up the Following inside the House rules:
Web Supervision: Setup how your kid can access the internet.
- Supervision Level with three choices: High (Blocks the website). Moderate (gives a warning), and Low (Monitor only).
- Blocked Categories: Here you can add to, or uncheck any of the 47 categories.
- Restricted Website: Enter any website here that you do not want them to visit.
- Allowed Website: Enter any website that you will allow them to visit where it would normally be blocked by the settings above.
Time Supervision: Setup hours and days that your kids are allowed to be on the internet.
- Supervision Level (High): When the time limit is reached, 2 choices High: (Blocked from using this device. Low: (Report the activity but allow the child to continue using the device.
- Allowed and blocked hours: Click to select blocked hours for each day of the week.
- Device instant unlock: This allows your child to unlock their device using a PIN in case of emergency. You will be notified when your child uses this Pin
Search: You can set up filtering options for a select few search engines.
- Ask, YouTube, Google, Bing, and Yahoo!
- You can click yes to turn on all of those providers filtering options for your child.
“When you request the Location Supervision service, Symantec will track and collect the location of your child’s mobile device using GPS. This data traffic may result in additional costs to you. By pressing the Go Ahead button, you agree to the Norton Family Privacy.”
Text Message Supervision:
“You are about to turn on Text and MMS Message Supervision. Your child and child’s friend(s) will be notified. Text message charges may apply. For more information, please review the Norton Family Privacy.”
About their Support:
Norton Security has one of the best support services around, they offer Live Chat 24 hours a day 7 days a week with little or no wait time. Same goes for their phone support 24-7, and the agents can help with remote assistance if you need. Here is a quote from them
“We’re so confident in our ability to keep you secure, we offer a 100% guarantee: If you get a virus our Norton experts cannot remove, we’ll give you a refund. You won’t find a better promise than this from free or paid competitors.”
So how do I feel about Norton Security Premium?
Well I have used Norton products for most of the time on all of my devices and they have never let me down, their products are top-notch and their support is hard to beat. So if you are looking for a great Parental manager along with one of the best Antivirus that will protect you from viruses, malware, and phishing sites, and get up to 10 devices covered under one account. Then yes I would highly recommend this product, you won’t go wrong. Now if you would like more information on how well Norton Security performs under bench test you can visit PCmag.com where NEIL J. REUBEN KING does an excellent report.
Click here to get your copy: Norton Security Premium – 10 Devices [Download Code]
So go ahead and click on the link above and get your coverage started today, and if you would like you can try out the Norton Family Supervision for 30 days free and 60 days free on Norton Security Premium.
Do Have any Question Regarding Norton Security?
If you have any further question about Norton, I would be more than happy to answer them for you. And if you want you can leave a comment with us below in the comment section, I look forward to hearing from you.